Friday, April 27, 2012

5 Years and Counting

Hubs and I spent last weekend in Savannah, Georgia celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. I really can't believe it. Some days it feels like it was only yesterday we stood before our family and friends and declared our unconditional love and commitment to each other. Other days, it feels like that memory is much more distant and that it's been much longer than 5 years. ;)

I'm really a lucky girl. My husband is the best. No, really. He is. Not only is he a great husband, but he's an amazing father to our 2 kiddos. He doesn't mind changing R's diapers, or answering KK's crazy, silly, questions over and over...and over again. He'll be the first one to realize I need to get out of the house, before I lose all sanity. He's also the one to wipe away my tears after a long and stressful day. The one who supports me as I try to find my way back into this world, after being so focused on R and his autism for the last  year and a half.

So, we celebrated the fact that he's an awesome hubby and I'm a pretty fantastic wife! In Georgia. Doing absolutely anything we wanted to do. Whenever we wanted to do it. Sleep until 9:00 a.m., and pee without KK invading the bathroom. Eat whenever and whatever we wanted. It was pretty fabulous.

Here's a peek at our trip. I'm sure I'll share more again next week! Happy Friday!

Forsythe Park

We chatted with a woman, in one of the (many) squares, who was making these flowers out of palm leaves. I love, love, love them! If were getting married all over again, I would have them at my wedding! 

 City Market

Eating ice cream, listening to music, and watching the boats float by. Perfect night! 

It's difficult to get my hubs to enjoy Starbucks as much as I do. I was pretty excited when we were sitting in the square with Starbucks in hand, and it definitely warranted a picture of his cup! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment